Monday, July 28, 2014

Week 6

Well after 6 weeks, 19 states and 7 camps we are home!  We had a great trip but we are so glad to be back home:). We spent week 6 traveling home with some sight seeing along they way!  The last camp we stayed at was called camp Liebenzell.  Here, we stayed in more of a guest house that was more like a bed and breakfast.  The house was beautiful and their staff were great!!

While we were there we traveled into NYC to do some sight seeing!  Ben was so excited to see the Statue of Liberty and Bailey wanted to see Times Square.  I am so glad that John and I had been there a couple of times before this trip so we knew what to expect:). I have decided that if John and I can take 3 kids through Boston and NYC, then we can do anything!!  Needless to say it was a bit stressful at times and we were worn out at the end of the day but we made some great memories with the kids and would do it over again:)

On our way home we stopped in Hersey, Pennsylvania and went to the Hersey factory.  The kids did not know about this part of the trip and it was fun to surprise them:). If you ever go through there I would recommend stopping...it was so fun!  The kids favorite part was getting to make there own chocolate bar!

Our last stop before making it home was in Nashville to see our good friend Chris Reid.  We spent all day Thursday with him and had lot of fun feeding the ducks, going to the park, science museum, splash pad and swimming!  It was a great day!

John and I are still trying to process all that we learned from our trip...we had some really great times but also some pretty challenging times.  It is fun to hear the kids tell people here what their favorite things where and hear them process our trip.  I know John learned some great things that he will be sharing with our staff here.  The thing I was most challenged on was stepping out of my comfort zone which is good for us all to do but I will admit I am glad I am back in my bubble but so thankful for The Lord taking me out of it for awhile!  Thank you all so much for following our journey by praying, texting and emailing.  It was great knowing we had people back home praying for us and it never failed when I was having a hard day or feeling a bit home sick I always got a sweet email or text from friends back home:). We feel so bless by our friends and family and our ministry at NLR!






No comments: